Popular generators for backup power, with an automatic transfer switch included. When you lose power during an outage or storm, a hard-working 20 kW KOHLER® generator keeps your appliances working, the heat or AC running and your security system on.*
Reliable. Every KOHLER® generator is equipped with a heavy-duty, commercial-grade engine that stands up to extreme weather.
Powerful. In just 10 seconds, your KOHLER generator automatically restores power to a 5-ton (60,000 BTU) air condition, major appliances and electronics.*
Premium We've got you covered with 5-year, 2,000-hour protection, and a corrosion-proof enclosure that’s built to last.
Award KOHLER generators have received several awards, including the Most Valuable Product (MVP) Award 2010 by Building Products magazine.
THE POWER YOU NEED
- PowerBoost™ technology provides power to start large loads such as central air conditioners without dropping power to other appliances
- Extraordinary peak motor-starting capacity: 14RESAL at 35kVA at 240V and 20RESAL at 40.5kVA at 240V
- Premium power quality delivers exceptional digital voltage and frequency regulation along with low levels of harmonic distortion to protect sophisticated electronics
- Powered by reliable KOHLER Command PRO® engine, designed and tested for tough commercial applications; with hydraulic valve lifters to eliminate need for lengthy break-in periods and expensive valve adjustments; operation speed is 3600 rpm (the standard for air-cooled generators)
- Compatible with optional OnCue® Plus and OnCue® Plus Wireless Generator Management Systems, and Programmable Interface Module (PIM)
- Also compatible with Load Control Module (LCM) or Load Shed kit with single-phase generators only
THE CONVENIENCES YOU EXPECT
- Comes with either an RXT 100-amp indoor-rated automatic transfer switch with 16-circuit load center or RXT 200-amp outdoor-rated service entrance rated automatic transfer switch with load shed kit
- DC2 controller designed for today's sophisticated electronics manages both the generator set and Model RXT transfer switch functions
- Quiet, neighborhood-friendly operation with sound levels similar to a typical central air conditioner
- Stylish corrosion-proof enclosure impact tested to -30°F
- Runs on either natural gas or liquid propane (LPG) with simple switching between natural gas and LPG in the field
- Streamlined installation, simple terminal block for easy field connections. Kohler also offers concrete mounting pads to lower installation costs and time.
- Model 14RESAL approved for off-grid applications with 18-month/1000-hour off-grid warranty
*Based on generator and load size.
|Rated kW LP||20 kW|
|Rated kW NG||18 kW|
|Amps LP||83.3 amps|
|Amps NG||75.0 amps|
|Peak Motor Starting kVA @240 V||40.5 kVa|
|Alternator Note||All information shown is for 1 Phase 60 Hz generator with the largest alternator option available.|
|Displacement||999 cm3 (61 cu. in.)|
|Horsepower||NG 27.1 HP, LP 30.9 HP|
|Sound Output During Weekly Exercise||64 dB(A)|
|Sound Output During Full-speed Operation||69 dB(A)|
|Response Time||10 seconds|
|Warranty||Premium five-year limited warranty|
|Country of Origin||US|
|Automatic Transfer Switch Included||Yes|
|Remote Monitoring Available||Yes|
|Off Grid / Utility Backup||Utility Backup|
|Alternator Type||2-Pole, Rotating Field|
|Fuel Consumption on NG at 50% load?||161 cfh|
|Fuel Consumption on LP at 50% load?||82 cfh|
|Controller||DC2 Digital Controller|
|Dimensions||1216mm x 655mm x 733mm (48 in. x 26.2 in. x 29 in.)|
|Fuel Type||Natural Gas|LPG|
|Frequency||60 Hz|50 Hz|
|Voltage @ 60 Hz||120/240|
|Digital Voltage Regulation||±1.0%|
For the best standby generator installations across the Piedmont region and Northern Virginia, call and speak with the helpful electrical specialists at Appleton Campbell Electrical today.